We are subject to the Privacy Act 1988, and to the Information Privacy Principles (IPPs) contained in that Act. In this policy, “us”, “we” or “our” means Xempli Pty Ltd (ACN 618 420 063).
What information we collect, for what purpose and how we use it:
- We collect information you’ve voluntarily supplied to us. This includes your Email, which is used to Log-in and in turn serves as your ID within our website. In some cases, you may need to pay for services, for which we need to ask for your payment card details, including name, and other billing-related information.
- You may voluntarily add your photo to your account by accessing your personal settings. Your photo will accompany comments and opinions you share with other Xempli. You retain the rights to these photos, and Xempli shall not use them for any commercial purposes other than to enable you to share your comments with other Xempli users.
- We collect data relating to your activity on our websites (including IP addresses) via tracking technologies, such as cookies.
- We gather data relating to your responses to our interactive videos, comments posted by you and preference choices. We collect this information for the purpose of improving the user experience (for example, remembering at what stage of a video it stopped playing, to allow you to resume play at a later date). We may state a more specific purpose, at the point we collect your information, if our purpose deviates from this.
- We collect responses to our survey/interactive videos to generate insight, which only you can view. Your data may also be reported at an anonymous, higher level (e.g. as part of a team) but will not be traceable back to you.
- We will not disclose information to third parties for purpose of marketing or distribution of other products. We will only disclose information to third parties under two exception circumstances:
- To our technology partners who provide software development, database management, testing and related IT tasks.
- To companies that may acquire us in the future.
From time to time, we will contact you using your email, but only where it relates directly to our products and services (and not of a third party) e.g. to verify your identity. For notifications such as the release of new episodes, e-newsletters and other marketing material, you will be asked to actively opt-in (e.g. by ticking an unchecked opt-in box) before we include you in our mailing list. This option can be found under your “Account Settings”.
You will be given the opportunity to “opt out” from receiving such communications from us. You may do so by either clicking on an unsubscribe link at the end of an email, or by updating your personal details in the aforementioned “Account Settings” page, (or by sending us an email). You may also cancel your account by contacting us.
Accessing your information and how to contact us
If you would like to access to personal information we hold about you, or if you have any questions or complaints about how we collect, use, disclose or store your personal information, you can contact James Lau, Manager, 18 Maria St Petersham NSW 2049 Australia. We may, from time to time, review and update this policy, including taking into account of new or amended laws, new technology and/or changes to our operations. All personal information held by us will be governed by the most recently updated policy. This policy was last updated in June 2018.